Okay-State (9-6, 0-2 Huge 12) is in search of to seize 4 video games after dropping a back-to-back determination at Texas Tech on Wednesday evening. Within the match with the Reds Reds, large Elena Baka She recorded her sixth double of the season main her staff with 12 kills and 10 holes.
Iowa (9-6, 1-1 Huge 12) is recent from the shock of 13The tenth– Baylor organized Wednesday evening, beating the Bears by 4 units on the Hilton Coliseum. Eleanor Holthus led the Hurricanes with 20 kills at a tempo of 0.410 within the victory whereas Sully Thomas added 15 and killed 407.
The 2 sides break up the season sequence every of the final two seasons. Iowa holds the lead 57-43 within the all-time sequence, relationship again to 1976, whereas the Cats are 23-22 at residence in opposition to ISU.
The match marks the Wildcat’s first weekend of the season, the place followers can buy a normal admission ticket for simply $3 once they show the soccer ticket used at Okay-State in opposition to Texas Tech. Followers may buy the Wildcat 4-Pack for $40 and get 4 normal admission tickets and 4 concession vouchers ($10 every).
Along with nationwide tv broadcasts on ESPNU, followers can take heed to Rob Voelker on name on Information Radio KMAN (93.3 FM), on-line at Okay-StateSports.com/watch and on the Okay-State Sports activities app.
Match No. 16
Okay-STATE (9-6, 0-2 BIG 12) vs. IOWA STATE (9-6, 1-1 BIG 12)
Sunday, October 2, 3:30 p.m. // Bramlag Coliseum // Manhattan, Cannes.
Tv: Spino // Sam Gore, Nicole Prana
Radio: KMAN Radio Information (93.3 FM) // Rob Volcker
Hear: Okay-StateSports.com/watch // 1350KMAN.com
tickets | Stay stats
Okay-STATE AT A GLANCE
- Okay-State returns to Bramlage Coliseum for its second residence convention, internet hosting Iowa on Sunday in entrance of a nationwide tv viewers on ESPNU.
- Wednesday evening, the Wildcats performed their first Huge 12 street sport of the season and fell in straight units to Texas Tech.
- in opposition to the crimson invaders, Elena Baka She recorded her sixth double on the staff this season with 12 kills and 10 holes.
- Shaile Myers Added 10 kills and Cady Fernholz He hit eight whereas hitting the staff’s highest degree of .500.
- Texas Tech had a 44-37 benefit in complete kills and hit .272 to .144 Wildcats.
- libero Mackenzie Morris He led all gamers with 17 holes.
- Towards the Jayhawks, Morris scored a excessive of 20 holes, taking her to over 1,000 holes in her profession.
- In simply her 63rd sport of her profession, Morris turned the quickest participant in program historical past within the rally report period to affix the 1,000-hole membership – breaking the earlier report of 64 video games set by Angie Lastra (2004-2007).
- Okay-State begins its convention slate 0-2 for the second 12 months in a row and the third time up to now 5 seasons.
- The loss to the TTU marked the Cats’ first consecutive defeat of the season and their fourth consecutive loss total, extending the season-long slip.
- Iowa (9-6, 1-1 Huge 12) is recent from its shock at No. 13 Baylor Wednesday evening, as hurricanes knocked out bears in 4 teams on the Hilton Coliseum.
- Within the match, ISU obtained 20 kills from Eleanor Holthaus in a .410 clip and Sully Thomas added 15 whereas hitting .407.
- The Cyclones completed the match with a .315 staff effectivity and had a 66-53 benefit in complete kills.
- Holthaus ranked tenth within the Huge 12 with 3.15 kills per group.
- Defensively, Alexis Engelbrecht’s 1.19 set completed fifth within the convention, and Brooke Stonestreet ranked fifth with 3.94 holes per set.
- Iowa State has received 4 of its final 5 video games, and misplaced 4 units within the TCU to begin the league video games final Saturday.
- ISU has performed solely two matches of three units this season (0-2) and has performed not less than 10 consecutive matches of 4 units.
contained in the chain
- Okay-State tracks the all-time sequence with Iowa 57-43, going again to 1976.
- Groups break up the season streak every of the previous two years, taking Okay-State a 12-year street slither within the Ames pre-season, and notching its first win on the Hilton Coliseum since 2007.
- Hurricanes accounted for 9 of the final 11 conferences total, together with eight in a row from 2016-20.
- Wildcats 23-22 at residence in opposition to ISU throughout primary coaching Suzy Fritz She is 19-23 years outdated in her profession spanning 22 years versus Iowa State.
- The groups final performed in Manhattan throughout the 2020 season, splitting two video games to open the marketing campaign.
- Together with her 20 pits on Saturday in opposition to Kansas, Okay-State Junior Libero Mackenzie Morris Be part of the 1000 pits membership.
- She turned the seventh Wildcat to play her whole profession within the rally recording period, hitting the a thousandth.
- As well as, Morris is the quickest participant within the historical past of this system (the period of purpose scoring) to succeed in this feat, having accomplished so in solely 63 video games.
- Earlier this season, Morris hit a profession excessive with a 25-hole run in opposition to the UCF and produced three consecutive 20-hole rounds from September 16-24 — the longest such run in her profession.
- The Dallas native now has 16 profession video games with not less than 20 holes, the third most in program historical past.
- At 4.09 pits per set, she is presently one among solely two gamers within the rally scoring period averaging over 4.00 pits per set (Angie Lastra, 4.37).
- Morris is one among solely 4 energetic gamers within the Huge 12 with not less than 1,000 profession rigs (third among the many 12 energetic athletes).
- Okay-State began its residence schedule 4-0 for the primary time since 2018.
- Below Fritz’s management, Okay-State holds a daily non-conference season report of 80-9 (.899) and is undefeated at residence in opposition to non-conflict opponents for the sixteenth time in 22 seasons.
- In 5 residence video games this season, the Wildcats have hit .248 whereas limiting opponents with .135 staff effectivity.
- Myers averages 4.38 kills per group and hits .457 at residence whereas Bolding hits .409 with 2.21 kills per group.
- The Cats served 38 aces in the home, Baca representing 10 of them and eight every from Bullding and Hinkle.
- Okay-State is 35-13 (.729) in matches performed at Bramlage Coliseum and head coach Suzy Fritz She has a profession residence report of 200-91 over the 22 years of her profession.
- Okay-State received the opening set in 11 of 15 video games to begin the marketing campaign, going 8-3 in these matches.
- Wildcats are undefeated (8-0) when hit with a better hit ratio and 8-1 once they get extra kills from their opponents.
- As well as, the Cats have received all eight matches during which they’ve restricted their opponents with effectivity hits beneath 0.200.
- With six straight wins this season, Okay-State has already doubled its complete from final season (3).
- The Wildcats 3-0 over Kansas Metropolis served as a two hundredth sweep beneath Fritz.
- Fritz claimed her two hundredth profession residence win in opposition to Missouri on September 7 and is thirteenth away from her four-hundredth profession win on the helm of the Wildcats.
#Cats #Face #Hurricanes #Sunday #ESPNU